Credit Omar Minaya with the courage to call out Adam Rubin
Now we know the truth - NY Daily News reporter Adam Rubin conspired to take down Tony Bernazard by writing a nasty story that would ultimately cost the Met executive his job. A brilliant plan hatched independent of the double-secret investigation by the Mets front office and HR department into the many allegations against Bernazard
According to other secret files circulating on the InterWeb, Adam Rubin may also have:
- Insisted Beltran and Reyes play through their injuries, in a secret attempt to become the starting center fielder or shortstop once these two burned themselves out.
- Challenged JJ Putz to an arm wrestling contest while on a team charter flight, resulting in Putz' season-ending arm troubles. The next day, Rubin applied for the setup job.
- Sent flowers to Mrs. Omar Minaya in June 2008, with an attached card that read, "All my love, Willie R. See you when I get back from the West Coast XOXO" Applied for Mets manager position immediately after hanging up on 1-800-FLOWERS
- Recommended moving the Mets out of Shea Stadium into the much smaller Citi Field, saying "Trust me. We'll make more money on all those banks and big corporations signing up for season tickets." Recently applied for job as Fred Wilpon's son.
- During college, submitted a letter to the editor of Sports Illustrated entitled "Sandy Koufax was the worst lefthanded, Brooklyn-born pitcher ever" under the pseudonym Nelson Doubleday. Applied for job of NY Mets co-owner immediately after.
More to come from the Secret Rubin Files...