From WCBS's site:

Shearamptonowhere_021709.jpg

[February 17, 2009 4:48 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Jnetty said

That picture is so sad. Thanks for putting Shea updates on the deconstructions. This site was the best source.

[February 17, 2009 5:11 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Rick B. said

Progress, for the most part is usually good. C'mon, you have to admit that that picture is sad. Although I've been a Yankee fan all of my life, my first game was seen at Shea in 1972(My father was and is a Met fan) I remember coming off of the #7(remember the blue arrows)and walking through that gate !!!! (More needs to be preserved)

Baseball fan for life,
"Rick. B"

[February 17, 2009 5:45 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Paul said

I taught you said you would not post Shea's Slow Death....I'm glad you did. I have a house in Astoria and drive by the site once a week. The last few, the changes where unbelievable.I will keep an eye out for when the LOGE 13 sign goes up for auction and let you know. Got my Loge 10 sign 2 weeks ago and the wife still aint talkin to me.

[February 17, 2009 7:49 PM]  |  link  |  reply

it's interesting to see how the area inside the construction zone (inside the blue tarp) is getting smaller than it was when we were all out there a couple weeks ago.

[February 17, 2009 8:35 PM]  |  link  |  reply

When I saw this picture my first thought was to leave the ramps there as is, build around what Shea has become.

Then I got real sad, as dyhemet said, the completion of Citi is approaching as the plaza gets laid out and build. The parking lot will soon be enlarged by Shea's former imprint.

Gents, we need to move on, this picture convinced me , cause there will be nothing left in the next...to CitiField. As hard as this is.

Long Live Shea!

[February 18, 2009 3:45 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Ron said

Each time I would see a picture of them taking Shea Stadium apart I would get an empty feeling in my stomach. It is very sad we have an owner that cares more about the Dodgers past than his own teams. This stadium could have been renovated if he really would have wanted it to have been. Maybe it is the stadiums way of getting back at him for Mr Wilpons major money loss. (just a thought) I bought a pair of blue seats that are displayed in my office. Shea Stadium forever!