by Kingman on December 3 at 8:47AM
prombad2.JPG
It is official: Loge13 will be in Citi/Taxpayer Field next year.

Specifically, we will be in Promenade Box Section 427...or The Prom as I like to call our new home.

Ironically, 4+2+7 = 13. How is that for some creepy numerological karma?

The best part: all the Loge13 denizens are together! The Bayside crew and Ron Hunt and the Kingman clan are in one row. I have to give a big thank you to the Mets ticket office, which was ultimately responsive to our requests to remain near each other. Big kudos.

We did the 15 game all-weekday plan. That means we will be going the following games at Prom 427:

MondayApril 137:10 p.m.San Diego Padres
MondayAugust 37:10 p.m.Arizona Diamondbacks
MondayAugust 177:10 p.m.San Francisco Giants
ThursdayAugust 207:10 p.m.Atlanta Braves
MondayAugust 241:10 p.m.Philadelphia Phillies
WednesdaySeptember 97:10 p.m.Florida Marlins
TuesdaySeptember 227:10 p.m.Atlanta Braves

Of course, as mentioned elsewhere, the drawback to the 15 game plan is no guaranteed post season tickets, just a chance to get them in pre-sale. But as Doug pointed out, this plan is cheaper, giving fans more coin to spend on the secondary market for postseason tickets, if you like.

I know many of you are aiming to get plans this week in the pre-sale. So Loge13 readers: let everyone know where you ended up in Payson Field.

[December 3, 2008 10:43 AM]  |  link  |  reply

Done and done.

4-seat Friday Plan in Prom Res Inf 514. 2-seat Weekend Plan in Prom Box 405.

Two different areas of the ballpark over the course of a season should give me ample time to 'feel' the place out.

It would seem that the Mets are only offering very high rows for Prom Infield (the last 3 or 4). There has been decent availablilty at the time of this posting for Prom Reserved Outfield Seating.

Cheers!

p.s. - Did Keith Partridge take that picture?

[December 3, 2008 10:54 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Rickey24 said

Congratulations! Is it too late to register Promenade427.com? Just kidding, as I know this place will always be Loge13.

Anyway, I purchased a Friday Plan in Promenade Reserve Infield 514.

[December 3, 2008 11:36 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Doug replied to Rickey24

Register Promenade427, and have it redirect to loge13....

[December 3, 2008 11:23 AM]  |  link  |  reply
joman said

I'll be there in Promenade Reserve Infield 514 for the Friday plan and the Sunday plan!

Now I can't wait for April.

[December 3, 2008 11:39 AM]  |  link  |  reply

funny you show that picture. your kids can have parties at "Citi" Field - http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/events.jsp. I went with 20+ other people for season tickets a few years ago, 4 games each, in the front of Prom "Box" 405. Using the word "box" is misleading from the pictures I've seen.

I also saw the Mets put up panoramic views of old Shea on their site - http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/pop_shea360.jsp?pano=homeplate. They aren't the "real" Shea (in my eyes) because you can see the Fred Wilpon Stadium in the background.

[December 3, 2008 12:07 PM]  |  link  |  reply

Congrats to all who got tickets so far! Looks like all the cool people are at the Prom next year.

[December 3, 2008 12:35 PM]  |  link  |  reply

when you look at the pricing, most of the sensible people and real fans will be upstairs with us.

how about RememberingShea.com?

[December 3, 2008 1:23 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Tag said

Congrats to you! This may be a dumb question, but how are you guys getting plan/seat assignments ahead of Friday's "purchase opportunity." TIA

[December 3, 2008 1:43 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Doug replied to Tag

"How are we getting plan / seat assignments?"

The whole process is being staggered. Some (myself included) were able to purchase today. Others will be able to buy Friday, some next week.

The process is just like buying tickets at mets dot com was last year. You choose your plan, and the seat category, and press the "Best Available" button. After entering the magic words, the site searches for tickets, then comes back with section, row, and seats. You can keep them up or press your luck and try again, hoping to avoid the whammy.

When you check-out, you section, row, and seats are confirmed. You will be sent a bill once the Mets apply any refund / credit you may be entitled to. (Told that takes a couple of days).

Cheers!

[December 3, 2008 2:44 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Tag said

Ahh.. Thanks Doug. Guess I will wait until Friday and pick up the scraps!

[December 3, 2008 3:47 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Eli said

Former all Sat plan holder here and I won't be able to buy until 12/10. I hope they'll be seats left...

[December 3, 2008 3:49 PM]  |  link  |  reply

Congrats to all on your new ticket plans, I look forward to seeing you in the new park.

One point, calling this blog or the level we are sitting in, "the prom", is really making me sick! We need to come up with something else, maybe upper deck or mezz or anything but prom.

Loge13 lives forever!

[December 3, 2008 3:49 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Eli said

oops...12/8.

[December 3, 2008 4:24 PM]  |  link  |  reply

Hmm, methinks Ron Hunt does not have fond prom memories...

[December 3, 2008 4:47 PM]  |  link  |  reply

Actually Kong, I have wonderful prom memories, Forest Hills High 1974 at The Terrace on the Park near Shea, it's the light blue tux I rented that I have nightmares about.

[December 3, 2008 7:49 PM]  |  link  |  reply

Ah, the light blue tuxes from '74. My dad was married in one of those - and we don't let him forget it.

It's always good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the names of the different levels of "Wilpon's Tomb" (no? "Grant's Tomb" was already used). How about saying that we sit in the "Upper Deck". But it's still better than saying that we sit in the "Excelsior" Level.

[December 3, 2008 7:56 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Tag said

For anyone that did their selection today - was it like the regular season where they show you the seats and then you have a few minutes to accept or reject them (and maybe try another section)? Thanks.

[December 3, 2008 10:29 PM]  |  link  |  reply
bubba said

doug, please, if you would, tell what your previous plan was....because 25 yrs on the field on saturdays doesn't seem to mean jack!...4k spent last year and 25 years of service....i cant stop bitching, please i need to fight the cause that everyone else has left

[December 4, 2008 9:37 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Doug replied to bubba

Bubba,

I had a Tuesday / Friday plan for the past 13 years.

Your complaint isn't the first I've read about the pecking order. However, I wouldn't worry about getting tickets.. I doubt the Mets in all their wisdom would permit old plan owners to add seats if there was a potential shortage.

From what I have gathered, and from what I experienced while shopping for seats yesterday, the 15-game plan buyers are unlikely to secure Row 1 or 2 seats in a Promenade Box unless you are out in Left Field. Those persons are also unlikely to secure Promenade Infield Seats in anything but the last 4 rows.

There are plenty of decent Promenade OF Res tickets available for purchase. I didn't look at LF Landing.. I wouldn't want to sit there. I could have had row 1 PR OF tickets, but opted for being high and behind the plate.

[December 4, 2008 10:13 AM]  |  link  |  reply

Hang in there, Bubba. MeThinks the Mets are having a hard time rounding out all these sections. Have you called the ticket office in the past week or two? They seem to be more amenable.

[December 4, 2008 11:18 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Koofax said

25 years on Saturdays meaning nothing???

Try 41 years! And it means nothing.

[December 4, 2008 1:53 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Eugene said

Congrats to all that have gotten their tix secured for next year. Still holding my breath hopeful for a chance. Wish me luck.

For anyone who hasn't come across this, take a look at WCBS880's web site, the Chopper 880 guys have been posting pictures fairly regularly on progress of the construction at CitiField and the demo of Shea. They have some nice shots from as recently as 12/2.

Eugene

[December 7, 2008 12:17 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Happyrecap said

I was a Sat plan holder from 04-08, and a Sunday plan holder from 96-00, and upgraded to a full season for this year in 509 row 9, and Im looking for some fans to split the tickets at face.

If interested, drop me a line @ happyrecapp@aol.com

Thanks !

[December 8, 2008 10:37 AM]  |  link  |  reply
chris said

Just got my Friday plan--Prom Box 431. This is pretty comparable to my Saturday plan, even if there are no guarantees about the playoffs. Also will have to try to sell a couple of more games I can't attend, but all in all this was not a bad deal. Now we start the winter meetings and the long wait for spring!