So I posted earlier about  the new Shea sale going on.

The details were just forwarded to me and there's lots of great stuff available...for a price.

To buy stuff, you have to join the "Shea Premiere Club." How? By effectively making a down payment on the stuff.

There are three levels of Club status – Platinum, Gold and Silver.
  • Platinum - $10,000 minimum purchase deposit (MPD)
  • Gold - $5,000 minimum purchase deposit (MPD)
  • Silver - $2,500 minimum purchase deposit (MPD)
According to the press release:
This is NOT A FEE, but a non-refundable deposit towards your intended purchases.  No matter which level you choose, 100% of your money goes towards what you buy. If you want to spend more than your MPD, you can pay the balance after your Tour. Platinum members will tour the stadium first, followed by Gold and then Silver members. Tours will be conducted while the Mets are on the road in September. Club members will be given a specific date and time for the Shea Memorabilia Tour, in order of minimum purchase deposit. The higher the minimum purchase deposit, the earlier your opportunity to reserve the items you want. And Club Members who choose the same MPD will get their Club Number on a first-come, first-served basis. So the sooner you sign up, the earlier you will get to tour Shea Stadium to make your selections.

What is for sale? Here is a link to the full price list.

There is so much classic stuff here. View the list. Among the highlights:

Mets Dugout = $100,000

Visitor's dugout = $50,000

1969 World Championship Flag = $50,000 (WTF? Don't we need this? They are also selling the 1986 WS flag and all the pennant flags.)

Moises Alou (Gary Carter), Mets Player Locker = $10,000

Illuminated Gate D Column = $10,000

Tom Seaver, Mounted Photo Large = $7,500

Outfield Wall Blue Panel = $1,750

Outfield Wall Panel 371 = $5,000

Dunkin Donuts Cup in Visitor's Bullpen = $3,500

[September 12, 2008 4:55 PM]  |  link  |  reply

Wow, this list is amazing! If I only had any left over cash...they are selling EVERYTHING!

[September 12, 2008 5:29 PM]  |  link  |  reply
caryn said

Ha! I got this too! We posted different things :) I did not have the detail about the club you have to join, however.

[September 12, 2008 6:19 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Alicia said

So let me get this straight - only people willing to shell down at least $2500 are able to buy any of the memorabilia? This bums me out as I wanted to get my boyfriend something for his birthday.

[September 12, 2008 9:13 PM]  |  link  |  reply
josh replied to Alicia

no. the people who pay $2500 get first shot at the stuff.. after the final home game, anything not purchased by the people who paid $2500 will go on sale to the public.... so paying the 2500 just gives you 1st shot.

[September 12, 2008 9:13 PM]  |  link  |  reply

I plan on buying a Shea pretzel as a momento. Those things last for years.

[September 12, 2008 10:47 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Bobster said

They're selling the championship flags?? That can't be true! If it is, they've lost their minds.

[September 13, 2008 2:09 AM]  |  link  |  reply
stan said

They're selling the retired numbers???? Did anyone phone up Joan Hodges and ask if she wanted this giant fourteen?

Framed copies of yearbooks? They won't be putting these up anywhere at the new house?

Someone better fess up and tell me this is a joke.

BTW, is Loge 13 going to pony up the grand for the "Loge 11/13" sign?

[September 13, 2008 7:42 AM]  |  link  |  reply

Before I open the check book to buy the Loge11/13 sign, I plan on personally checking the merchandise and how securely it is fastened to the wall...

[September 14, 2008 4:43 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Claudia said

So I guess only rich fans can have a bit of the stadium where we've spent years of our lives, lots of our money, and had our hearts crushed and broken over and over.

They should be paying us!

[September 15, 2008 11:59 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Greg from North Yarmouth said

Are they selling the urinals? I've always wanted one in my house and having one that is alrady broken in would be great!

[September 15, 2008 2:57 PM]  |  link  |  reply
T-Bone said

Aparently Joan Hodges has to register and purchase just like anyone else. How is that for respect? Did you expect anytrhing different?

[September 27, 2008 11:59 PM]  |  link  |  reply
mets suck monkey balls said

this is funny!

[September 28, 2008 9:16 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Gregg said

If you were serious about the urinals, the answer is no. The NYC Parks dept. is taking the fixtures including the toilets to use as replacement parts in other buildings.

[September 29, 2008 10:45 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Bobo said

No crap, way to go Mets!!! Way to look out for the little guy that can't pony up $3 Grand. I put up with shitty teams for 34 of my e5 years and I can't buy a napkin dispenser????? FU go Nationals!!!!!!!!

[September 30, 2008 11:58 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Mike D. said

I don't think they're selling the actual pennant -- I think they're selling the "flags" from the right-field wall. They don't give you pennants for wild cards or division titles.

[October 6, 2008 11:55 AM]  |  link  |  reply
Bill Scharfenberg said

My grandson went to his first game with his father (my son) on the last game played at Shea Stadium. He hung the tickets on his wall along with his other Mets memorabilia. The tickets have his seat # on it and I wanted to surprise him and purchase the two seats they sat in on his first father and son baseball game. Does anyone know how I can purchase exact deat #'s.

[October 6, 2008 7:05 PM]  |  link  |  reply

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, you cannot buy the exact seats unless you were a full season ticket holder and made the purchase during the exclusive sale back in August. I know folks have tried to request exact seat numbers and were also denied.

[December 20, 2008 3:50 PM]  |  link  |  reply
mike said

what a great list. hmmm. dugout? i wonder if that would fit in my garage.

[August 23, 2010 8:42 PM]  |  link  |  reply
Shawn said

I am selling the 1988 shea stadium 25th aniversary yearbook, and calendar.