Got this press release over the weekend. Foley's is a great bar BTW.
Tug McGraw, Mets Groundskeeper Pete Flynn, John Flaherty, Sean Casey and the Legendary Connie Mack Among Inductees in
Irish American Baseball Hall of Fame
Tues, Aug. 26, 2008
Foley’s NY Recognizes Baseball Players, Managers, Executives, Journalists and Entertainers of Irish Descent
WHAT: Irish American Baseball Hall of Fame – Unveiling of plaques, induction of “The Starting Nine”
1. Connie Mack, baseball’s winningest manager – Represented by daughter Ruth Mack Clark, age 94
2. Sean Casey, Red Sox 1B known as “The Mayor” – ATTENDING
3. Tug McGraw, Mets and Phillies reliever – Represented by his son, Mark
4. Pete Flynn, Shea Stadium’s longtime groundskeeper – ATTENDING
5. John Flaherty, YES Network announcer, former player – ATTENDING
6. Jeff Horrigan, Red Sox beat reporter – ATTENDING
7. Arthur “Red” Foley, Longtime official scorer and sports columnist
8. Mark McGwire, A’s and Cardinals slugger
9. Kevin Costner, star of Field of Dreams and Bull Durham
WHEN: Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Noon– 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Foley’s NY Pub & Restaurant
18 W. 33rd Street (near 5th Ave, across from Empire State Bldg)
WHY: To celebrate the contributions of Irish Americans to the game of baseball. Immigrants and their descendants have long been an important to baseball; during the early 1900s, an estimated one-third of players were either immigrants or first generation Irish Americans. Foley’s Irish American Baseball Hall of Fame celebrates current and former players, executives, umpires, sportswriters, and entertainers with Irish connections who have made the significant contributions to the national past time.
Foley's, the "Irish bar with a baseball attitude," is adorned with 1,800 autographed balls, 300+ bobbleheads, game-worn jerseys, stadium seats and other artifacts that make Foley’s New York’s best baseball bar and one of the best sports bars in America. Visit www.foleysny.com
(908) 720-6057 cell