We’ve returned to Loge13 after a brief sojourn. We were a bit out of touch with Mass Media the past few days but here’s what we think we heard:
- The Mets took three out of four from the Phils, exacting some revenge for early June, when the Phillies swept us.
- Paul LoDuca is the only English-speaking Met in the clubhouse. But now he’s not speaking to the media.
- The Yankees had a campfire on their field saturday and only Scott Proctor showed up.
- Just as El Duque returns from the DL and Pedro continues to progress, Jorge Sosa and Oliver Perez break down. Sosa is on the 15–day DL with a pulled hamstring and Perez may not pitch again until after the All-Star break.
- Julio Franco is not on the DL but practically walked to first base when making the last out in yesterday’s 5–3 loss.
- Congrats to Met All-Star starters Jose Reyes, David Wright and Carlos Beltran, and to Billy Wagner. La Russa stacked the roster with closers. Perhaps he’s trying to win the game this year. if so, then please leave Trevor Hoffman on the bench.
- Oh, and according to The Daily News (the most pro-Yankee paper in the city), New York is officially a one-team town this year. Here is today’s back page: