Here’s the official status of Citi Field construction.
- Currently 15% of the project is complete with work expected to accelerate substantially throughout the spring and summer of 2007.
- The installation of the structural steel for the Main Concourse is 70% complete.
- Nearly 70% of the underground plumbing and piping work is in place to allow for the pouring of concrete slabs at the service level.
- As of early May 2007, 20% of the service level concrete slabs have been poured and the first 25,000 square feet of concrete has been poured on the Main Concourse.
- Two-of-the-six concrete sheer towers that will house Citi Field's main elevators and stairways are complete
- By mid-June, structural steel and the Main Concourse metal deck will be installed 360 degrees around the ballpark.
- An additional crane has been brought in to begin the installation of the steel for the Mets administrative offices that will front 126th street
- The number of daily on-site workers has ramped up to 250-350 (depending on concrete pours) and is scheduled to exceed 1,000 at its peak.